Helicopter HUMS | Helicopter Health & Usage Monitoring Systems
The Next-Generation Health & Usage Monitoring System for Helicopters
Diagnostic Solutions International offers a proven solution for Helicopter HUMS; a faster, better, proven next-generation embedded diagnostic solution just for helicopters.
The HUMS 1100 / 1200 Series product line is a revolutionary advancement in diagnostic technology for helicopter condition-based maintenance (CBM) applications. The products are based on the highly successful, combatproven 1209 Modern Signal Processing Unit (MSPU) selected by Bell Helicopter, Boeing, and the U.S. Army.
The patent-pending reconfigurable computing architecture offers faster than real-time processing using the latest Virtex4 FPGA and XTremeDSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology from XILINX Corporation.
The Series is compatible with existing helicopter software products, including; PC-GBS, iMDS Database Setup Tool, iMDS Server and the iMDS Matlab® Development Toolbox.
Integrated Technologies for Helicopter HUMS:
- Health monitoring, diagnostics and recording especially for helicopters
- Advanced drive train diagnostics
- Greater than 100db dynamic range
- Advanced rotor track and balance
- Event processing and recording
- Flight regime recognition
- Engine health monitoring
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Helicopter Operation Monitoring Program (HOMP/FDM/FOQA) support
- 802.11 wireless communication interface
- Integrated inertial system using MEMS and GPS sensors
- Three embedded processors support partitioned DO-178B software functions and systems growth
- Up to 8GB of compact flash (non-crash survivable) for vehicle or flight data recording
- Integration of SkyConnect Tracker IIIA (Advanced) with On Board Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) provides real time vibration exceedance alerts to ground crews