COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use information about you which will help us administer our business or provide products, services or other opportunities to you. Among other things, we use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and improve the experience you have on our website, to respond to your requests and to communicate with you.
Personal Data We Collect:
The types of information we collect, retain and use include the following:
- Site Use Information: In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the email addresses, of visitors.
- Registration Information You Provide To Us: When you register on our site to receive news from DSI, we collect profile information from you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). We require that you provide the following Personally Identifiable Information:
- Your first and last name;
- Email address; and
- Other information as requested in the applicable registration pages.
At your option you may voluntarily provide additional information, including address and phone/fax. Although you may choose not to provide the optional information to us, it may result in some features not being available to you.
How Long We Keep Your Information: Personal data collected will only be retained as long as necessary for business continuity or valid legal purposes.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
- Site Use Information: This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. DSI utilizes this information (“behavior profiles”) to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content we offer.
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To process an order;
- To contact you regarding account status or customer service;
- To ask you for feedback on our service;
- To let you know about products or services which may be of interest to you; or
- To allow you to access specific account information
– When you register, you consent to allow us to contact you for those purposes.
Email Communications: We use your email address to contact you to respond to your inquiries or to provide information on products or services to you. To help us determine whether you have received an email from us, and to help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation that you have opened an email from us.
Because of the nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to minors, and therefore we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Our terms and conditions of use require that any registration may only be made by those age 18 or older and that any product or service purchases may only be made by those age 18 or older. If we have reason to believe that information is being provided by a child under the age of 18, DSI will not collect the information without parental consent or parent notification, which will include the opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information or to prevent the child’s participation in the activity. Without parental consent, online information will only be used to respond to an unsolicited request and for no other purposes. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
RESTRICTIONS ON DISCLOSING INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We are not in the business of selling your Personally Identifiable Information to others.
- Site Use Information: We may share with third parties experiential information or other data which does not personally identify users of our site. For example, this might include product or service preferences of all visitors to our site, for example.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We do not reveal Personally Identifiable Information about you to unaffiliated third parties, unless:
- (1) you request or authorize it;
- (2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- (4) the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets); or
- (5) the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, etc.).
We may also gather aggregated data about you and disclose such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to third parties for promotional or other purposes.
SECURITY PROCEDURES TO PROTECT INFORMATION
We maintain numerous security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. Our site uses a combination of encryption technology and authentication to protect your Personally Identifiable Information. As long as the web browser you are using supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), your information will be submitted to us with a high level of security. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We have procedures limiting employee access to Personally Identifiable Information to those employees who have a business reason to know such information about you.
It is also important for you to help protect against unauthorized access by signing off of our Site each time you finish using the Site.
INAPPLICABILITY OF PRIVACY POLICIES OF ANY LINKED SITES OR OTHER PARTIES
YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data DSI collects about you and how it is used. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
If you wish to confirm that DSI is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data that DSI may have about you, please contact us at [email protected].
You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to DSI); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by DSI if it is inaccurate. You may request that DSI erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that DSI cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. When technically feasible, DSI will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to DSI at [email protected]. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, DSI will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, DSI will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
HOW TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY